Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hawaii..night 1

Jacob had one of the best ideas ever. Since he had a day lay over in Hawaii on his way to his next deployment and because Andrew and Brandi live there, he asked if Ryker and I wanted to go visit for a few days. He didn't have to ask me twice.


We left Salt Lake around 3 PM and Ryker was wide awake. I was hoping he would at least take a little nap on the plane, but no such luck. We were on the very last row in a smaller plane so I was able to put him on the floor and he had a few feet to run. The plane was so small that one of the flight attendants jump seats folded down practically right next to us. Ryker was moving around and his hand came in contact with the flight attendant's knee and he froze. She was wearing nylons and he hadn't felt that before. The entire time we were taking off and landing Ryker was rubbing her knee. I was a little embarrassed and pulled Ryker's hand away, but she said she didn't mind and would even make sure her legs were crossed so he could reach her knee. I think she did that so he wasn't rubbing her thigh because he couldn't quite reach her knee. :)


We had a short lay over in Seattle and I let Ryker down to run. He quickly found a friend whose mom had the same idea. Ryker immediately ran up to the boy, whose name is Jacob, and gave him a great big hug. They were buddies after that. Unfortunately Jacob and his mom were about 8 rows ahead of us on the plane so they didn't get to play after we boarded.
















We don't let Ryker stand on furniture, but they were having such a good time watching the planes and trucks moving around that I decided just this once wasn't going to hurt. And it gave me a break from chasing after him.

Ryker did great and slept through most of the flight to Hawaii. When we exited the plane I had no idea where to go. I saw the baggage claim sign and headed that way. Needless to say I took the LONG way around, but we were finally able to find Andrew and Brandi and our luggage. It was so great to see them!!! They brought a beautiful real flower lei for me and a masculine "seaweed" one for Ryker. It was awesome looking, but unfortunately it really did smell like seaweed so we didn't put it on him.

It was 10 PM (2 AM Utah time) when we landed so we went to Andrew and Brandi's and went to bed.

No comments: