Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hawaii...day 1

Since Ryker slept on the plane and then was out soon after getting to Andrew and Brandi's he woke up at his normal Utah time which made it 2:30 AM in Hawaii. I wasn't lucky enough to sleep on the plane so I was a bit tired. I didn't want to wake up Andrew and Brandi since they had to get up in a few hours to go to work so I kept Ryker in the room and he did a great job of unpacking the suitcase, but he didn't do a good job of keeping things organized.

I wasn't feeling like doing much today since I was tired and a little nervous to go out on my own. They did leave directions to the Marine Corp base where I could go grocery shopping. I decided to take a risk and try to find my way there. I found my way, but couldn't find the store and while I was driving around Ryker fell asleep so we went home and tried again later. The second time I asked for directions and drove right to it.

Ryker took a few short naps during the day, but was out cold by 5 PM so we all just hung out at the house and tried watching a movie. I made it about 2 minutes and was out.

This is the beautiful view we enjoyed from their back deck. It was gorgeous!!









These pictures really don't do it justice.

1 comment:

Ken said...

It's hard to take a bad picture in Hawaii, and your pictures make me want to go back....someday we will! :)