Monday, December 21, 2009

6 months old..!!!????? No Way....

That's right, Ryker turned 6 months old a few days ago. He is growing up so quickly and learning new things. He loves to sit up and play with his toys as well as move all around the kitchen in the walker. With help from the walker, he has come to me a couple of times when I've called his name. As for crawling he hasn't quite figured out how to get up on both his hands and knees at the same time, but he is getting close.
Like most babies Ryker loves playing with paper. I'm excited to see if he will open his gifts on Christmas. I know he will probably play with the paper rather than the toys, but it will be so much fun!
At his 6 month check up he weighed in at a whopping 19 lbs 10 oz and is 27" long. We don't think the nurse stretched his legs out fully when she measured him because that would mean he only grew 1/2 and inch and it seems he grew more than that. Oh well. While we were there Ryker got not only his 3 immunization shots, but also the flu and H1N1 vaccinations. I also got the flu vaccination and was a wimp about it, but Ryker only cried a little while getting all 5 of his shots. Maybe I need to take lessons from my 6 month old on how to be tougher.

I don't have many pictures of him since I posted them a few weeks ago, but here are a few.




2 comments:

Kaybi said...

He's such a cute fella! I can't believe he's six months!!

Jared and Trisha said...

I have the cutest nephew EVER!!