Monday, June 7, 2010

Monkey see monkey do

As I was sitting here looking at all of your blogs after taking a nice little run with Ryker I was feeling a little warm and sweaty so I grabbed just below the collar of my shirt and started fanning so the cool air would cool me off quicker. I have Ryker in the pac n play next to me and when I looked over he had a hold of his shirt and was doing exactly what I was doing.

A few weeks ago Jacob had gone outside and was loading an ATV on a trailer and the dogs were in the house going nuts whining and crying thinking he was going to leave them. I sent them downstairs in hopes they would just lay down. No such luck. They kept coming up the stair and whining so I kept telling them to get downstairs, lay down and stay. I repeated the "stay" part a few times hoping they would get the hint. After a few rounds of this I went to walk away from the stair, but before I could Ryker pointed at them and yelled "stay". Every time I told them to stay (and I do point my finger at them when I say it) he would point and tell them.

I know he's watching and growing and learning every day I just didn't realize how much he watches and picks up on what we do.

No comments: