Friday, February 26, 2010

8 months old

I'm a little late (as usual) posting Ryker's monthly update. It has been a little busy with our fun trip to Alabama to visit family and then Ryker bringing home a souvenir for anyone and everyone who came close to him.....the flu. It ran through our house and other family member's houses and is very kind and makes sure it gives everyone the pleasure of its company. :(
Within the last month he has not only learned to crawl, but scale the stairs and pull himself up to any and everything. He is walking along the furniture and touching everything within reach. Just within the last day or two he has started figuring out what "no" means and will stop touching whatever it is or go the other way before getting to the "no touch" zone when we call his name or tell him "NO". We have a very long ways to go, but it's a good start.
Ryker loves to wave good-bye to everyone. Sometimes it's the whole arm and sometimes its the tip of his thumb. He sat in his highchair at dinner and waved at us for a few minutes while giving us the biggest grin every.
As we were shopping the other day we went past a cute little girl in another shopping cart and when I looked back at Ryker he was leaning as far to the side as he could to try and see around me. When I moved out of his way he saw the girl and his face lit up and he started yelling. I didn't think they knew how to flirt at such a young age. At least he has good taste. :)
We are having so much fun watching him learn and grow. He is so happy and always makes us laugh.


I needed something to hold all of his toys and he has grown out of the bathtub so it is now used to hold his toys and books (and sometimes him).


Ryker posing for a few pictures



I think he's getting too big for the swing

Hahahahaha
I love it when kids fall asleep while eating. It's just so cute!


I was working on the computer when I felt something on my feet. When I looked down I saw this. I guess my slippers are soft and comfortable to snuggle with.


No comments: